Friday, November 16, 2012

Halloween

When I took Hayley shopping for a Halloween costume, she surprised me by picking out a mummy costume.  Jackson had a cute little doggie costume that we got last year after Halloween on sale, but had no interest in wearing it.  The few times I forced him to try it on, he just cried and squirmed around on the floor until he slid out of it.  Then he'd tell me, "No thanks, don't like that costume anymore."  So when we found a mummy costume for him too from my mom's costume box, and he actually kept it on, that sealed the deal that this mommy would have two little mummies for Halloween.

The kids first got to wear their costumes to the Witches Breakfast at the Fitness Center. 


They both looked really cute.
 

Hayley also wore her costume in the Halloween parade at school.


She really got into character.  She  walked like this for almost the entire parade route.

  

Jeremy took the night of Halloween off of work, and we headed to my mom's for pizza, and then out to do some trick-or-treating.
 

 I love it when the weather is nice on Halloween.

 

We trick-or-treated on two streets near my mom's house.  That was plenty for my kids.


There was also a house that had a Halloween train the kids could go for a ride in.  That was a definite hit for the little mummies.


 Hayley's a die hard and wanted to do a few more houses after we got home. 

 

It was a fun Halloween, even if it was a bit stressful being during the middle of the week this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!