Monday, March 29, 2010
Saturday, March 27, 2010
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Hayley also decided she wanted to sing this song for her talk in primary (and actually really sang it, by herself) hence the "new and improved" ending. Not only do I love every second of it, but I think this may be one of those things that even Heavenly Father gets a smile out of.
Friday, March 19, 2010
- Reconnecting with an old friend.
- Coming home yesterday to three loads of laundry and a load of dished done, a vacuumed house, and happy kids. Thanks honey!
- The fact that I did not have parent teacher conferences this week.
- A strawberry peanut butter cup shake from Arctic Circle last night. Yum!
- Spying on Hayley during her dance class last night, and realizing she is one of the ones that cannot keep her eyes off of herself in the mirror.
- Finding my Happiest Baby on the Block book, and then realizing that Jackson may actually already be the happiest baby on the block.
- Hair AND makeup are done today. Might or might not be the first time this week...
- It's Friday!
- Watching the greeter lady at WalMart pull a Pick 'n' Eat. Ick.
- Waking up with a sore throat. Boo!
- Waking up to snow. Boo!
- Kids in my class having problems with cheating and lying. There are lots of things I can deal with in my class, but lying and cheating really push my buttons. It's frustrating when I have to have the same conversation with a 4th grader that I do with my 4 year old. "Now tell me the truth, what really happened?" "I hope you are telling the truth, or you are going to have that yucky, yucky feeling that you lied to your teacher/mom."
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Saturday, March 13, 2010
Monday, March 8, 2010
Background: Male Teacher has a flying monkey doll that he pitches at students when they aren't paying attention. Because he's kind of awesome like that. I wouldn't dare throw stuff at my students. Even though I'd like to sometimes. Keep in mind with this story that the teachers and principal weren't trying to be funny or nasty. Probably that's why it was so freakin' hilarious to observe.
Male Teacher: "I have a flying monkey."
Female Teacher: "Really?"
Male Teacher: "Yeah, come to my room. I'll show you my monkey."
Female Teacher: "Uhhh..."
Female Principal: "No, really he has a monkey. I've seen it. It's cute."
Sometimes, the office at an elementary school is just as good as the post office.
Friday, March 5, 2010
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Monday, March 1, 2010
"Really, Mom, why would I ever crawl? I can get to whatever I want just by rolling multiple times. Even if it's something all the way across the room."
"I think I've finally got the hang of this! I can see so much better, I can reach for my toys and grab them, I can.. oh... oh... and I'm down!" He still has the occasional tumble, but I think it's official that he's a sitter!