Monday, July 5, 2010

Third of July

Doesn't quite have the same ring to it, does it? Oh, well. My mom's neighborhood was having a Kids' Parade, so we decorated up Hayley's bike and headed on over!



This was my view for most of the parade:



The parade concluded at the park, where they had some little games and activities for the kids.
It was fun, low key, not too busy, and FREE!



After naps all around in the afternoon, we headed out to Aunt Kimi's for dinner and fireworks.
I'm pretty sure that grin on Jackson was because he was getting away with eating the grass.



We celebrated the actual Fourth of July by taking a few pictures.
(I know, you're shocked, right? Because I never take pictures!)





And to round out the day, Hayley gave us her rendition of the Pledge of Allegiance.


Do you know which word she's missing?
If you do, you are one of 80% of Americans who know all the words to the pledge.
Did you know there were two versions of the pledge before the one that we now say?
The first one said "I pledge allegiance to my flag" and the second version added "under God."
Only about 0.01% of Americans know that.
Welcome to the club. And Happy Fourth!

1 comment:

  1. I do believe you have a young lady on your hands. At least you weren't on popper-scooper patrol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!