Sunday, November 28, 2010

Fall Friends and Crafts

I love Thanksgiving. All the friends, family and good food, without the stresses that sometimes come with Christmas. Thanksgiving afternoon Hayley and I headed to Aunt Marilyn's. (Or "Aunt Millions" as she calls her, which is fitting considering her amazing home.) Jackson stayed home to take the nap he was not interested in on Thanksgiving morning. Jeremy spent the morning making potatoes for the party at his parent's that night.

We missed our boys, but it was fun to have a more low key Thanksgiving meal, where afterward I could plan my route for Black Friday and Hayley could play with cousin Ella. These two are hitting it off more and more. I wish Ella's family didn't live to far away in Las Vegas. Glad that Hayley took it upon herself to get out my camera and ask someone (not sure who, but thanks!) to take their picture.


Then we went home and picked up the boys before heading up to the Bachman's. It was such a yummy, fun time for all, including Jackson. I'm glad he stayed home earlier to get that nap in. No pictures of the event, but I did get some of the Thanksgiving craft that I did with Hayley a few days earlier.

So easy and so fun!
Predictably, I omitted the sewing portion.
And opted for craft glue instead of the glue gun, to make it more kid friendly.


Hayley was pretty proud of her Turkey Guy that she made all by herself. It was her idea to give him a wattle, wings, and little turkey feet. He made a really cute Thanksgiving hair bow!

We also did this shirt for Halloween.



Super easy and inexpensive crafts. Just wish my Black Friday would have been a little easier. Or a little less expensive. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!