Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I'm Truly Thankful

There have been some things that have happened to people lately. People I know. People I like. People I love.

Not good things. Things like losing a needed job. Or not knowing how much longer a long-time-had job will last.

This actually makes me think three things:

#1
I am amazed at the resiliency that I see in these people around me. I have to say, if I was in many of their positions, I would be Freaking. Out. Really, I don't think I would have that kind of faith to be able to say "Well, we'll just see how it goes" or "This may just be another opportunity" or "God just has a different plan for us." I'll tell you what, that's some faith. And it makes me love these people even more.

#2
I am so thankful for the fact that Jeremy and I both have jobs. Not just jobs, but secure jobs. Jobs that we actually like. And that both still have the opportunity to work overtime if we so choose. I am realizing what a luxury we really have in that. Extra money for Christmas? No problem, I'll sub. Jeremy will go in early for a few days. Plus, neither of our jobs are going away anytime soon. I think the entire world will have to really start falling apart for parents to stop sending their young children to school. And it seems that no matter how much flying could cost, there would always be higher-ups with enough money to want to board a plane.

#3
These situations also makes me kind of mad. No, maybe not mad, hurt. Sad. Because the people they happen to don't seem to deserve it. (Not that anyone ever deserves a hardship to be thrown upon them, but...) And helpless, because I feel like they are struggling, hurting, worried. And there's not much I can do about it.

Lots of love and thoughts and prayers tonight.

For all those people in these kinds of uncertain situations.

And if it's not you that is in the situation,
Maybe take the opportunity
To really count your blessings.

There are so many things to be thankful for.

2 comments:

  1. yeah, it is no good. about a year ago, my sister's husband was layed off. i watched my sister's family go through the holidays without a job. luckily they had a pretty good savings but it was definitely stressful. i wish our economy would fix itself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Heather! I totally agree. There are a couple of families in our ward who have recently or are in the process of losing their homes. I cannot imagine going through that. Stupid economy!
    Thanks for the reminder to be thankful for what we have!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!