Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Bachman Song and Dance Routine

So, for the past two nights, I've mostly been an observer getting little to no sleep as the following goes on in and around me:

This baby decides it's time for nightly aerobics every time I lay down to go to sleep. Granted part of this may be my fault as I have a pretty hard habit to break of sleeping on my stomach. At least one of us is doing some exercise during pregnancy.

Adding to the fun and games, lately Hayley has been alternating between waking up having nightmares and waking up to sing songs and play in her bed. I lost count last night after two crying episodes, one rendition of Twinkle Twinkle, and another of Itsy Spider.

Oh, yeah. And Jeremy's been snoring. Which usually doesn't phase me, as I snore too. But add it to everything else, and our house had felt kind of like a circus for the past few nights. I think subconsciously he just doesn't want to be outdone by his kids.

Maybe it's because we've been watching Pinocchio (or Nocchio, as Hayley calls it) a lot lately, but I kind of felt like that scene where Jiminy is trying to sleep, and everything in the house is making noise.

Of course, Jeremy stopped snoring and Hayley was sound asleep at about 6:30 this morning. Right about the time I had to get up for school.

I'm seriously considering taking the day off tomorrow, and spending it at Barnes and Noble, alternately napping and finishing Fablehaven.

5 comments:

  1. oh, i could really enjoy taking a day off to read. and nap. wait. i was just off track... shouldn't that be enough? sorry you're not getting good rest, i get miserable when i'm not sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Fablehaven. Are you reading the new one? So sorry you're not getting sleep. That's seriously the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally think you should take the day off tomorrow. Sleep deprivation is the worst. I can't imagine having to go and deal with a slew of cute but very active elementary kids after a few rough nights. I can barely handle three. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not necessarily to the miserable stage yet, just a little frustrated. On the other hand, it may not get any better for the next few years, so I could consider this training.

    Yep, the new Fablehaven 4. I've got like 200 pages left. :)

    Thanks for the vote for me to take the day off tomorrow Heidi. If anyone questions, I'll just tell them that you said it was okay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say call in sick. Work should be the least of your concerns right now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!