Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Crazy...Just ask her!

Me: "Hayley, you're kind of crazy."
Hayley: "You bet I am!"

Hayley: "I love Daddy, but I don't love his face."
Me: "What? That's not a nice thing to say."
Hayley: "Well, I don't love his face. I don't love his scruffies."
She's not too hip on the goatee, I guess.

"You gave me a fright!" (She got this one from Grandma Heidi.)

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but..." (Jeremy actually taught her to say this one.)

"That's not appropriate."

Hayley is getting to an age where she is noticing the differences between girls and boys.  After several walk ins, Jeremy has started locking the door when he goes in the bathroom.  So now Hayley will stand or knock at the door and yell to Jeremy, "Are you going to the bathroom?  Are you standing up?"

After going swimming, Hayley had this epiphany: "You know what spit and water make?  More spit!"

The other day, Grandpa Dame was teasing her and trying to get her to give him a kiss. To which she replied, "No! Stay!" Just as clarification, we don't own a dog.

"Look, Mom! This is my tallest finger!" (Jeremy swears he didn't teach her this one. Anyone else want to fess up? I have her convinced now that if she only puts one finger up, it will get lonely, so she now says, "This is my tallest finger and his friend!" Slightly better.)

This one is a little old, but I don't want to forget it. I say "All set!" a lot. Hayley caught onto it, which would have been fine, except that when she said it it totally sounded like "Oh, sh*t!" It sounds a little better now, but it was pretty funny before she could say all the sounds correctly.

Jeremy does the "How old are you?" quiz with Hayley a lot. I was surprised when I asked her the other day, and she replied "Three-and-a-half" not "Three." Then I realized it was true, she is almost three-and-a-half, and it made me kind of sad. My baby is growing up!

3 comments:

  1. I love three year old! this made me laugh --thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're right - that girl is hilarious. i love "oh shit" and the middle finger bit. i like her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you standing up? That is just hilarious.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!