Sunday, September 12, 2010

Try, Try Again

After last weekend's fiasco with the cabin, when my mom told me they were headed up to the cabin again on Friday, I told her we had other plans and no thanks. However, by Saturday morning, after Hayley had asked nicely quite a few times, I'd had a change of heart. So we got up early and headed up to the cabin to surprise them.

They were definitely surprised, but our surprise on the way there was this:



On the road between Evanston and the cabin, there were about 200 sheep on both sides of the road, and blocking the road. Like we had to honk and wait for them to decide to move just to get through the herd. I swear, it was like something from a movie! There were a bunch of baby lambs too, just feet from our car windows. Hayley was in heaven at seeing them so close!



We sure did surprise Grandma when we got to the cabin! She was so happy to see us. Jackson got right down to business playing with his favorite "toys" at the cabin.



Hayley was Grandpa's Little Helper. While he made a fire for the rest of us to roast marshmallows, Hayley dug in the dirt and made a "fire for the fairies."



After a yummy dinner and a nice drive to look for deer (we spotted three!) we headed back to put Grandpa's fire to good use:



And Hayley decided that she needed to be in Every. Single. Picture.



Jackson couldn't be bothered to look at the camera. He had other intentions...



He was much happier after he got a hold of a treat!



Too bad his happiness didn't last. I don't know if it was unfamiliar sleep surroundings, teething, or just general crabbiness, but I'm not even kidding when I say that he was up most of the night. He just finished up his five hour nap to make up for it. Let's just hope we don't have a repeat of it tonight!

I'll forgive him though, since he also did this while we were at the cabin:


Yep, he walks! He's been taking a few steps here and there for a while, mostly when he didn't really realize he was doing it, but now I have proof on video!
And the fun begins...

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Way to go Jackson! And so fun for you to get it on video. My Computer is saying I'm not your friend so I can't watch it :( but I'm sure it's adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh ya i couldn't watch it either.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!