Thursday, September 9, 2010

Things that Made Me Happy Today

It was Hayley's first day of (her second year of) preschool today. Instead of feeling like I was missing out, I instead chose to focus on the fact that next year, when other moms are saying goodbye to their kindergartener, I will be getting to say hello to mine. A lot more during the day than I do now. She'll be right down the hall from me, all school day long. Her starting preschool today makes me excited for what is still to come.



This conversation, that Hayley had with Jeremy, before preschool:
Jeremy: "Hayley, what do you want to bring for Show and Tell?"
Hayley: "Baby Alive." (Thankfully, Baby Alive had clothes on today.)
Jeremy: "What are you going to tell about her?"
Hayley: "That she's special. Duh."

And this one, that they had after preschool:
Hayley: "Dad, I know why people have yard sales."
Jeremy: "Really? Enlighten me."
Hayley: "So they can have money to buy food. Like chicken and pork and strawberries."
Wow. Is that what they taught you today at preschool Hayley?

One more, as we were leaving WalMart:
Me: "Hayley, look at that pretty rainbow."
Hayley: "Oh, I knew Jesus was real!"
Me: "Uh... What?"
Hayley: "Because Jesus makes the rainbows, so now I know he is real."
So, shall I send her up to the podium at the next Testimony Meeting?

And my friend Hayley (Not my daughter. Let's just be clear...) is having her baby tomorrow! She's dang cute pregnant, but I'm way excited to see the little guy she's been cookin'!

And my new pedicure made for happy tootsies. And a happy me who got to catch up and chat with an old friend for an hour.

We won't talk about a certain entertainment center which is now missing a door, because Hayley broke the sucker off of it yesterday. Yeah, no one was very happy about that. But Hayley may have learned some new "vocabulary" words.

2 comments:

  1. I was glad when MaKell wasn't around to hear a new vocabulary word from me. That's a story I'll have to share with you tonight :)
    And thanks for the invite, and for the new experience. Though I think I enjoyed the excuse to be a friend more than the actual pedicure itself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, you were excited for me. thanks!

    i love when kids learn new vocabulary :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!