Monday, July 25, 2011

I can't leave you alone for a minute, can I?

Last Saturday, after getting home from fishing, Hayley went out to play. A few minutes later, she came back in and informed me that no one could play, so she would be outside teaching herself to ride her bike without training wheels. I thought "Yeah, right" since Jeremy had been working with her the last few days and she was being pretty resistant, but I told her to be careful and watch for cars and she headed back outside.

Apparently I should have taken her a little more seriously, because about twenty minutes later she came in and yelled, "Mom, come outside! You've gotta see this!"



I was pretty shocked and amazed. Although I really shouldn't have been, because that is just how this girl is. There's lots of things that she can do but doesn't, because she'll do them when she's darn well ready!



Did you catch that? "Accidents happen!" when she had to put her foot down to balance. Funny kid.

Speaking of accidents, here's what I found after I went upstairs to take a quick shower while Jackson was watching Barney. Well this, and his little accident puddle.



He was so proud of himself, and so mad when I got him dressed (again) and made him wear a onesie for the rest of the day. I know, I'm such a buzz-kill.

2 comments:

  1. Fishing and biking?? You guys have the life. Looks like such fun. Bryson and I are really impressed Hayley taught herself to ride a bike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for not including a video of Jackson's accomplishment. Hayley is going to need a bigger bike soon! She's awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!