Thursday, September 22, 2011

Kangaroo Zoo

Every time we go to Swiss Days, they have a bunch of these big bouncy houses and slides. They cost tickets and the money from ticket sales go to the local school. Now I'm all about a good fundraiser, but each ticket costs $1.00 and each bouncy thing-a-ma-jig costs two to three tickets. I think you can see where I am going here. Highway robbery, right? All the other years, I have gotten suckered into this scam at least five or ten dollars worth, but this year, I half-kiddingly said to Hayley that if she waited until we got home to Salt Lake, I would take her and a friend to Kangaroo Zoo. She jumped at the chance, and the next weekend Aisly, Hayley, Jackson, and I were headed off to the indoor, air-conditioned, one-flat-fee goodness that is the Kangaroo Zoo.



Hayley and Aisly had tons of fun, while Jackson was content to chill in his stroller and play in the water that I pretended I didn't notice he was dripping onto his stroller tray. Technically, I probably spent more money that I would have at the Swiss Days bouncies, but we got a lot more play time out of these ones. Plus, Aisly thanked us for taking her without any prompting from any adults. How I love a child that's been brought up right. And it's so nice that Hayley is getting old enough to bargain my way with, and usually convince her. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!