Friday, October 21, 2011

Cabin Trip 2011

Hayley and I flew home Friday morning. Our flight was super early, after us being up super late, and Hayley promptly fell asleep leaning against me. Which was fine, until I fell asleep on the shoulder of the random guy who was sitting next to me. Twice. Sorry Stranger, and thanks for nonchalantly shrugging to wake me up and then pretending like it didn't happen.In spite of our being tired, my mom and step-dad and sisters were at the cabin for our annual Cabin Trip, and I figured why waste any time. So we went home for long enough to do some laundry and re-pack, and then we headed up to the cabin. It was a fun time, full of playing games, reading books, playing on the deck and in the snow, and Jackson helping Dad and Grandpa on the ladder...



What were they doing on the ladder, you ask? Just cutting down trees so they wouldn't hit the power lines if they fell down. With a chainsaw. Because they would rather do it themselves then pay someone to do it. Since this made both my mom and I very nervous to watch, we took the kids on a walk to the Bear River Lodge for a treat. We passed the stream which was super high from the snow we had a few days before.



Jeremy and Robert were both alive and intact with all of their limbs when we got back, and we enjoyed the fire later that evening with all the firewood that had been sawed off earlier that day.



Jackson was happy to have most of his favorite people hanging out together all in one place.



He was also happy to be entertained by Hayley's shenanigans with his Thumper.



Love those cute kids and their cute cabin giggles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!