Saturday, October 29, 2011

Halloween Carnival #1

The Thursday before Halloween we headed to the Kearns Recreation Center for their free Halloween Carnival. I was glad Jeremy could come with us, since he would be working during some of the Halloween festivities during the weekend before the holiday. No surprise that Hayley was really into the spook alley, games, prizes, and candy, but it was so fun to see Jackson really get a lot more excited this season.



Hayley's a cowgirl this year. Her costume turned out super cute, especially considering I bought all the pieces on sale at the after Halloween sales last year. I know you can't see her face in the last picture, but that face I am making is me laughing at Jeremy as I ask, "Are you taking pictures with the camera upside down?!" He was. Because, you know, why make things easy on yourself?



I bought Jackson the cutest duck costume last year for him to wear this year, but he was having none of it. I put it on him a few times, and he would just walk (waddle?) around and cry and pull at it until we took it off. So then my mom got him a cute puppy costume in an bigger size, thinking maybe the duck one was just too small. Nope, same result. It was only when I put the boring skeleton shirt on him that I actually started to get some Halloween smiles. So I cut him some slack for the carnival, but I may give the costumes another shot on the actual holiday.



We finished off the night with free drinks and cookies. The kids had no problem sharing the "cookies as big as my face!" as Hayley put it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!