Thursday, October 27, 2011

Traditions

October, Halloween, and all the related activities seem to become more and more busy each year. There are lots of traditions that I look forward to, including going to The Pie and then Thriller with my mom and my sisters. This year, before we got to our seats, my mom could not find her glasses, and it took her a while, and dumping out her entire purse, and finding a pair of Hayley's sunglasses, before she found them. In the front pocket. Thriller was great, complete with scary zombie dancers.



From Thriller, I headed up to meet the girls from my fourth grade team for our annual weekend at Debbie's cabin. It was so beautiful, and peaceful, and the Rhino rides and company were lots of fun.



On our ride we saw this broken deck, a porcupine, a sun dog, and the amazing view from Windy Ridge.



And we found "my" lane. Too bad it was "dead."



One last tradition that we finally started this year was carving a pumpkin with Hayley. Neither Jeremy or I are big into carving pumpkins. We both think it's kind of gross, and messy, and stinky. Plus, it's the adults that end up doing most of the work. Hayley drew the little face though, and I carved.



The little yellow guy did turn out cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!