Thursday, December 6, 2012

Random

Just a few things.

I wish I would have known about this: http://haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com/ when I was pregnant.  So funny.  Seriously, click the link.

Don't you just love how old friends "get you?"  I do.  Plus, you can talk about the people you both know who turned out crazy, and it makes you feel exceptionally normal.

Don't let the Christmas lights on the outside of our house fool you.  We have no decorations for Christmas up inside our house.

We may not do a Christmas tree this year.  Because my son is a crazy little tornado, and I would be scared for the ornaments, the tree, and him.  Hayley may get her own little tree in her room out of the deal though.

I cleaned the playroom and put nearly half the toys in storage.  Neither child has even noticed.  If that keeps up, they are out of here.  (The toys, not the children.)  And I might "clean" again.  Also makes me wonder just how many of the Christmas presents we bought are really necessary...

Oh yeah.  Christmas shopping is done!  Almost.  Have to pick up a few more giftcards.  Oh, and wrap everything.  Ugh.  I hate the wrapping.

Switched over the CDs in the car to the Christmas ones.  Some guy honked at me (mean honk, not "Hey, good lookin'" honk) while I did it.  I say bad Christmas karma to him.

This week I got called a "competent teacher" and a "favorite teacher." :)

If you are wondering what to get for your child's teacher, let me help you out.  My hands down favorite gift goes like this: Card (store bought or home-made).  Nice handwritten message from kid.  Nice handwritten message from parent.  That's it.  Sure teachers love all the other stuff, but kind things that you say and really mean go such a long, long way.

My husband is absolutely impossible to surprise for Christmas, birthday, basically anything.  He seriously guessed my surprise present.  Trouble!

I resisted getting any kind of a smart phone, even with the Black Friday deals.  Just couldn't do it.  Gonna stick with my dumb phone.

I finished the Fablehaven series.  It was fantastic.  If you have a fourth grader or older and they haven't tried it, they should.  Also recently read these scary-but-not-too-scary-because-you're-ten books to my class: Trapped in Death Cave, The House on Hackman's Hill, and The Letter, the Witch and the Ring.  All of them are books that I read in fourth grade.  And, I just found out while reading the last one that it's actually the third in a series, so guess I'll be reading the other two.  After I finish rereading The Candy Shop War.  And its sequel.  And the Giver series again, because there's a new bonus book like ten years after the other three, which were ever only marketed as a trilogy!!  Excited. :)

Okiedokie.  That's it for now.  Not a single picture.  Sorry.  Brain dump only.

1 comment:

  1. i clicked the link. and it is funny. i get it all too well. (my pregnant brain can't think hard enough right now to figure out if that is the write 2. i'm fine with that.)

    no christmas tree? at least for hayley, please!

    brain dump. hehehe.

    i like books. i also agree with your christmas gift for a teacher.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!