Sunday, December 16, 2012

Say What?

A few things Jackson is saying:

"Sure!" When asked if he wants something he likes.
"I think so."
"No thanks." When asked to do something he doesn't like.
"Don't like that anymore.  Very much."
"Don't like that very much.  Anymore."
"Want to show you something." Accompanied by tugging on your finger, as soon as you sit down.
"Look at me!"
"Come with me."
"Go to McDonalds.  Get me a smoothie."
"Take me back to preschool!  Right now!"
"How are you this morning?"
"Goodbye friends!"
"Where is Grandma?"
"Daddy going on errands."
"Good" when asked "How are you?"
"I'm sorry." After a potty accident.  Or when prompted after pushing.
"Stop it Hayley!"  All. The. Time.  In the car.
"Want to watch Kipper/Barney/Yardigans/Fireman Sam."
"Mom. Mom! MOM. MOM!" "What?!" "Hold my hand." Love this.
"Jackson do it." As in, "I want to do it by myself."
"Jackson is awake!" with a huge smile.  Sometimes as early as 5:30 a.m.  It's lots cuter closer to 9:00.
"Ow! That stings!"
"Wipe Mommy's kiss off!" When he's teasing me after I kiss him.
"Bless you!" as he sneezes.  Then, "Excuse me!" when he's done.

 His favorite things to sing:

Wheels on the Bus
Itsy, Bitsy, Spider
B-I-N-G-O
ABC Song
Pop! Goes the Weasel
The Birthday Song


And some of Hayley's:

"I'm sweating like an elephant!"

And this conversation:
Hayley: "One of my fish will be dead when we get home."
Me: "Why do you say that?"
Hayley: "Because I forgot to feed them this morning."
Me: "You fed them kind of a lot last night.  Some of their fish flakes were still on the bottom of the bowl this morning.  I think they'll be fine."
H: "Like they were saving their food?  Like leftovers?  Like cavemen?"
Me: "Um.... Yeah."
H: "Wait, where do cavemen get their food?"
Me: (Not one to mince words) "They kill it, and cook it, and eat it."
H: "Do they eat people?  Like other cavemen?"
Me: "Uhhh... No."
H: "What do they do when they meet other cavemen?  Just invite them in for iced tea?"
Me: (Cracking up by now) "Yeah, maybe.  Why do you think they have iced tea?"
H: "Well, cause they can just make the ice cubes out of sand."
I cannot wait until this girl starts writing more stories in school.  Her teachers are in for a treat!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Hayley, you make me LOL! Just wait until Jackson can start telling stories. I bet he'll have some dozies too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!