Thursday, January 29, 2009

Too sad and a vocabulary lesson

So, the other day I got this text from Jeremy:

"Hayley just fell down the entire flight of stairs. She scraped her face, has a bloody nose, and has blood on her shirt and pants. She seems okay though."

So of course, even though the message said she was okay, I called home to check. This conversation ensued:

Jeremy: "She's fine. she's sleeping."
Me: "Sleeping?! Wake her up! She may have a concussion!"
Jeremy: (after a minute) "I woke her up. She looks fine."
Me: "Let me talk to her."
Jeremy: (to Hayley) "Do you want to talk to Mommy?"
Hayley: (to Jeremy) "I can't. I'm too sad."
Me: (sadly) "Okay. I guess I'll see you later."

And being pregnant, of course the next thing I did was cry. Poor kid.

On the other hand, when she's not too sad, these are her favorite questions to ask:

Hayley: "Mom, is there a baby in your tummy?"
Me: "Yes."
Hayley: "Is there food in your tummy?"
Me: (not sure I'm liking where this is going) "Uh, yes."
Hayley: "Is the baby playing with your food? Because we don't play with food."

Who would have known I'd have to teach my two year old the word uterus.

4 comments:

  1. You have quite a smart little cookie. Just wait 'til the questions get a little more scary :) Hopefully she's recovering from her fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you hate that moment when you are fearing for their health and safety after hearing something happened? Glad she is okay though. What a sweet and smart little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet little girl. Hopefully shes OK. And if i'm correct, you're on a cruise right now... hope you're having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hope she's better - i'm sure she is now, since you posted this last week.

    heather, i love how clever and witty she is. just wait until this baby comes. she's going to have plenty to tell her/him.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!