Tuesday, March 24, 2009

By the Numbers

8: Number of hours outside of school it took to get ready for Parent Teacher Conferences

2: Number of 12 hour days I have this week (a.k.a. number of days I will have to wear makeup)

30: Number of conferences scheduled in the next two days

3: Number of parents that rescheduled after they had scheduled their own conference (??)

4: Number of loads of laundry in my laundry room waiting to be done

1: Number of pairs of regular jeans I have that still fit

18 1/2: Number of weeks pregnant (I'm counting it as halfway, since Hayley popped out at 37 weeks.)

7: Number of hours of sleep I hope to get tonight (It'll be a bonus if no one has to get up to go to the bathroom. And I'm not just talking about the three year old.)

9: Number of days it's been since I shaved my legs last (I may go all out for conferences though)

3: Number of times Jeremy has told Hayley to get back in bed while I've posted this

3: Also the number of times I've pretended like I didn't hear him

5: Number of hugs Hayley will probably need before actually going to sleep tonight

8 comments:

  1. heather - i can't say much here, we all survive through conferences, but i don't know how you do it with kids at home. so overwhelming without kids!

    you crack me up. i loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with conferences!! Don't you just hate it when the parents call to reschedule and they're the ones that signed up for the time to begin with? I had tons of those too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so much fun! I love reading your posts the most! Peyton always gets out of his room at night too, and when I ask him what he needs, he says "I just want to see you!"
    And you shouldn't still fit in regular pants! that's just not fair. Break out the pregger clothes already you future mama!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with all that conference stuff. That my friend sounds agonizing. You are a good sport. So we are due like I swear the same day, what are you having already?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a fun post! I am sorry for your long days. Where do you teach anyway? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I suppose if I read your "about me" I would know where you are teaching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy I skipped PT conferences this year...good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved this post - so fun and clever. So I only have to wait another week-and-a-half to find out what you're having?! How exciteing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!