Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Disney on Ice

This last weekend, my mom and I took Hayley to Disney on Ice. Neither of the hubbies wanted to go. I really wanted to take her, because it is one of the things that I can remember vividly from my own childhood. It was a ton of fun. We started out with a ride on the Trax train to get uptown:

It was definately a hit! Hayley had never been on the train, but we had watched it pass by during traffic a few times. She really thought it was cool to actually be on the train.

Then on to the Delta Center where we got this cute photo of the three of us: (Or the five of us if you count the mice. Or the six of us if you count the fetus.)

Hayley then picked out a treat/souvineer of a ($10.00!!) snowcone in a Minnie Mouse mug, and we headed to our seats.The show was great, as expected. Hayley loved Minnie and Mickey and the Little Mermaid, but had never seen Peter Pan, and was amazed by the flying people and scared of the huge crocodile, especially when it ate Captain Hook.

At intermission, Hayley first asked for another snow cone. To which the answer was, "Not for ten bucks." Then she saw another kid with a Flounder hat. She told me she wanted one, and I told her, "No, you already got a souvineer." To which she replied, "Then let's just take my Minnie mug back, and they will give me a Flounder hat." I told her no again, that we can't do that. So, at this point she started to hit up Grandma Heidi, who decided that Hayley needed a souvineer from Mom and one from Grandma. Obviously, Hayley liked it.

I have to keep remembering something that I heard somewhere, or maybe I just made it up: "There's a difference between being spoiled and being spoiled rotten." Good thing, or I'd be in trouble! What a fun day!

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you guys had so much fun! hayley looks adoreable in her hat!! We must be pretyt lams because all three of us fell asleep when we went last year - luckily the tickets were free. MaKell would probably do better now but I wasn't going to risk it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day for all of you guys. I'm with you on the spoiled, or spoiled rotten. You can never spoil your kids with love. You do a great job at that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Grandmas- what do we do with them? My mom always reminds me that that's what grandmas are for...spoiling. You guys look like you had so much fun! I love the flounder hat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun time! Those kinds of things are fun except for the temptation to buy 10 dollar snow cones! We've fallen in that trap too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hayley has the fun life and she deserves it! How can you not spoil someone so cute?!? Pretty soon there will be 2 cute kids to spoil! yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeh, I finally saw the pictures! But I'm confused...it looks like the Little Mermaid has legs. How's that work?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved everything about Disney on Ice except the stiniking prices...$10 for cotton candy with a flounder hat??? I agree, it was a one souvineer event. I am so glad you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!