Sunday, March 8, 2009

Honest Crap...

Okay, okay. Really it's called Honest SCRAP, but I caught your attention, didn't I? I got tagged by Amanda to tell some Honest Scrap about myself.

Here's the rules:

A. First list 10 honest things about yourself--and make it interesting even if you have to dig deep.

B. Pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of Honest Scrap...

1. I'm not crafty. I'm really not. If there's craft stuff and a craft to be made, I'll do it. And it will usually turn out cute, but it is not a relaxing experience for me. Honestly, it kind of stresses me out. This may be the reason that I have boxes of unused scrapbook stuff, and yet all of my photos go into no-stress slide-the-picture-in photo albums.

2. Sometimes I really miss being single. Don't get me wrong, I love my husband and my kid and my life, but sometimes I miss not having to be responsible for anyone but myself. Part of this may come from living all by myself in my own apartment for a couple of years before getting married, and partly that I'm just an independent person.

3. I hold grudges too well. To the point that I have let important friendships fall away. It's a problem. I'm working on it.

4. I wish I would have had more self confidence in high school. I feel like I short-changed myself by being too scared to make more of an effort. There are people that I wish I would have been better friends with or to, and people that I never approached that I really think I would have hit it off with.

5. I have an addiction to Disneyland. I'm not kidding. Especially now that Hayley has been there and loved it, I'm constantly planning a time that we could go next. Jeremy thinks I'm a little crazy, but I love the atomsphere, and the feelings, and the memories that it brings back for me.

6. Even when it gets to the point where it's an option, I don't know if I ever want to be a stay-at-home mom. At least not every single day. I could surely see myself working part-time, but I just don't know if I could be home all day every day.

7. I love cold pizza. It is hands down my favorite thing to eat for breakfast. I've been known to cook a pizza, and not eat any of it before it has sat in the fridge for a few hours. This weirdness also extends to pretty much all Italian food. Spaghetti, lasagna, fettucine alfredo, I love them cold.

8. I have clothes in my closet that haven't fit since high school. I just can't get rid of them. I feel like it would be admiting defeat. If they ever fit again, they will be seriously out of style. And I will probably wear them anyway.

9. I didn't visit my grandfather when he was dying. Lots of people told me I would regret it. I don't. I like that my last memories of him are of the two of us sitting on the couch, laughing and sharing experiences, and him asking about my life, and him actually remembering it the next day.

10. I enjoy blogging a whole lot more than I thought I would. I think it's that I enjoy writing in general, and this gives me a fun reason to write about whatever I care to. Even if no one reads it, I like that my creative juices are flowing. I like having an outlet. Plus, it makes me feel less guilty that I suck at keeping a journal.

I'd love to hear some Honest Scrap from these people... (Consider yourself tagged!)

Hayley J., Heather C., Katie B., Kim T., Megan Z., Melanie S., Suzanne T.

5 comments:

  1. I love that you did this- thanks for playing! You are so good at writing. I just love reading your blog because you have a way of putting into words exactly how you are feeling. As I read your posts I can actually picture you saying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so fun, and cold pizza?! Really? Really! Now that I'm not working I'm realizing how nice it is to have that part of you outside of the home. So I totally see where you are coming from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why the heck didn't I know about your blog! I have to admit that I had some suspicion about your pregnancy... I am so excited for you!! I have been meaning to call you forever, sorry. Are you going to teach next year? We need to go out one of these afternoons...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cold italian food thing is definitely a crack up. I kind of understood the pizza thing but then when you spread it to all italian food, that is so funny to me. You and all of your little quirks are so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such a fun amazing person! I'm working on my honest scrap, but I'm having a hard time coming up with 10 things....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!