Saturday, March 13, 2010

Doting Boyfriend

I thought I'd share this little story. I told it to some colleagues recently, and realized just how funny it is.

While Jer and I were dating, I got my wisdom teeth out. Jeremy, being the doting boyfriend that he was, took a few days off to take me in to the "puller" (Is it an endodontist? I can't remember.) and take care of me for a few days.

The surgery went fine. They zonked me out and popped those suckers out even quicker than they thought they'd be able to. I think they may have sent me on my way a little too soon though, because I can remember both Jeremy and a nurse having to hold me up enough just to get me to the car.

On the way home, Jeremy wanted to get my meds, but didn't feel good about leaving me in the car in my woozy state. So, he basically dragged me out of the car in the RiteAid parking lot, guided me in, and plunked me down in a chair near the pharmacy.

He dropped off my prescriptions, and proceeded to try to have a conversation with me while we waited. I remember being so irritated that he was even talking to me, but I was so tired I didn't even have the strength to tell him to shut up.

Finally they called Jeremy up to the counter for my meds, but then told him I would have to come sign for the insurance for them since we weren't married. At this point, he turned around and looked at me. I was now slumped in the chair, dead asleep, drooling blood. He turned back to the lady and said, "Really? Seriously?" To which she responded, "Um, actually, just go ahead and sign here."

This is what I think about every time I have to fill a prescription. So if you ever see me snickering at the pharmacy, now you'll understand.

1 comment:

  1. I love to be a bystander to these situations. I wonder what batch of crazy people thought you were as he was dragging you through RiteAid. Funny! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!