Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Torn Between

Sometimes I'm kind of jealous of my husband.
Because he's home three days during the week
(and the other two mornings, before he goes in to work)
with the kids.
And I'm not.

He's the one doing the little girl's ponytail,
And deciding which cute clothes to put on the little boy.
He's the one that gets to lay in bed and watch cartoons with the kiddos,
while I get to get up early and head off to work.

While I stand by my statement
I can't help but feel left out sometimes.

While I like my job
and have fun while I am there,
I can't help but wonder throughout the day
what the fam up to.
Who's being good, who's being naughty,
what they're having for lunch,
what they're doing for fun.

Of course, I could call
and check in
(and I do)
but it's just not the same.
I can't help feeling like sometimes I'm missing out.

3 comments:

  1. i can imagine it is hard to feel left out.

    i on the other hand, can't wait to be a stay at home mom. a mom told me tonight that i'll be bored to death & i wanted to say "i view it as an opportunity" - probably because i never thought i'd be in this position, that i want to live it up while i can. if i am bored, i will do something, but i can't imagine coming back and teaching at this point. i don't know how you do it, heather. i don't think i have the mental capacity to do both. you're a better & stronger woman than i am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Different Hayley just different. Heather I'm glad you get to do both. You seem to have such a good balance. But I can see missing them especially when you have to stay late for conferences. Blah. Aren't you glad you have sweet kids to look forward to seeing instead of some of the stinkers we see at school? I'm sure some of their moms are happy tonot be stay at home moms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Either way you do it, you're going to feel like you're missing something. If you decide to stay at home you'll wonder what your school kids are doing and constantly be thinking - "It's February, that means we'd be learning (insert concept) and I can't believe I'm missing (insert annual celebration or activity)." Both jobs are pretty rewarding, so enjoy being able to do both while you can. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!