Monday, June 27, 2011

Mexican Cruise

The week after going off track, I got to go on a Mexican Riviera Cruise. It was to celebrate my stepdad's triplets graduation from high school, but they needed an even number of people to fill the rooms, and I was more than happy to fill in.

The first port was at Catalina Island. I hadn't been to Catalina in about 15 years, and I had forgotten how cute and fun and quaint it is. Lots of shopping, and fishing boats, and entertainers in the street, and tender boats that we rode over to the island from our cruise ship. (That's our cruise ship in the background of the first two pictures.)



It was really fun to spend some quality time with my mom too. It's not often I get her all to myself without my two kids or her other two kids. :)



These cool plants were growing all over the island. The flower part was actually the leaves of the plant, spaced to look like a flower blooming. They were so pretty!



The next port was in Ensenada, Mexico. Along with some cheap shopping that was quite the experience for our haggling skills, this about summed up Mexico:



It was a relaxing, fun vacation, that got me all geared up and ready for five weeks off with my kids before school starts again! Thanks Mom and Robert for inviting me. I'll be the "Sixth Wheel" anytime!

1 comment:

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!