Friday, January 4, 2013

Pre Christmas Fun

To gear up for the holiday season, we headed up to the Dicken's Festival at the fairpark with my dad and sister Whitney.  As soon as Hayley spotted this cut-out, she wouldn't let up until we took a picture.  We obliged.


And one in the sleigh before seeing Father Christmas.  I had big plans this year to spring for the $$$ picture package, but Jackson wasn't feeling well and ended up staying home with Jeremy.


Yeah, turns out this boy had Strep Throat and Scarlet Fever. :(  Poor kid.  For the next few days he kept saying how his "mouth hurt" (I think he meant his throat...) and saying, "Mommy, I'm so sick."  So sad.

 


After a few days on antibiotics, Jackson was feeling much better, and we decided to go see the Christmas lights at Temple Square.  My kids had never been.  Jackson was kind of indifferent, but Hayley was impressed.  


I like this picture of my mom and Whitney.  If you squint, it looks kind of like, "There's a raging fire behind us, and we're just sitting her smiling."


It was super cold, but I'm glad we all got bundled up and made the journey downtown.


I think Jeremy's favorite part of the evening was after the lights are done.  On the Trax ride home, there was this cute family with a little baby that kept smiling at Hayley.  Our stop was before theirs, and as soon as we got off the train, Hayley burst into tears.  When Jeremy asked her what was wrong, she said, "That baby was so cute!  I just want it to be in our family so bad!  Can you go steal that baby for us Daddy?"  Umm, creepy!  Jeremy laughed, and we went over with Hayley why that was not a good plan. She still whimpered about it most of the way home in the car.  Silly, tired girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!