Sunday, January 13, 2013

Wolverines, Bruins, and Utes

I'd told Hayley about the Hunter High School Mini Cheer Camp that was held last week.  She had been kind of on the  fence about whether she wanted to do it or not.  I think she was hesitant because some of her nervousness showed through at her Christmas Dance Concert performance.  The "camp" started on Wednesday at 6:00.  On Wednesday at 5:50 Hayley decided she wanted to do it, so we headed on over to Hunter High, home of the Wolverines.


She performed at half-time at the basketball game on Friday night.  She did so great, I think especially since she was the oldest in her two to six-year-old group.  They performed a little dance and then all of the mini-cheerleaders performed two cheers all together.




I got Hayley a little gift to show her how proud I was of her.  Not for doing everything perfectly, but for remembering that dancing and performing are about doing the best that you can and having fun.


Why the little Ute bear, you ask?  Well, because Saturday we used our flight benefits to fly out to Los Angeles to see the first Utes gymnastics meet, and I figured the little bear could help her to cheer them on.


We flew out Saturday afternoon from Salt Lake to San Francisco, and then from San Francisco to Los Angeles.  Then a shuttle bus ride to our cheap, old-fashioned, yet clean and comfy-bedded hotel to drop off our stuff, and we were off the the Pauley Pavillion to watch some gymnastics!

Here's Hayley showing what we think of the UCLA Bruins.


I wish I could say that our Red Rocks did great, and totally won the meet... But, they didn't.  They had three falls in their first four routines on bars, which is totally out of character, and it seemed to affect the rest of the meet for some of them.


But, it did make me super excited for our home meets to begin next weekend.


We were headed back to the airport super early Sunday morning to catch the LAX to Salt Lake flight and be home in time for Jeremy to pick us up, drop us off at home, and then head back to the airport for work.  It was a quick trip, but really fun.  I'm glad that Hayley is such a great little traveler, and is always up for an adventure with me.  And I'm so happy that cute little girl is my daughter. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!