Sunday, August 11, 2013

Disney 2013 Day #4 California Adventure

By then next morning, I think our three days at Disney were starting to catch up with us.  We slept in and missed opening time for both of the parks.  Once we were up, we were still kind of dragging, but Jeremy was ready and rarin' to go.  It always makes me excited to see him excited to go to Disney, so I hustled and bustled to get the kids and myself ready to go, and then we headed over to the parks.  My mom, Robert, and Whit were still chillin' so we told them to call us when they were headed over.  They actually didn't ever come over, which meant we had a whole day with just our little family.  It turned out to be a really great time.

Jeremy let Hayley make a lot of the decisions for the day, which she loved.  She decided she wanted to go to California Adventure for the day, and she for sure wanted to go on Radiator Springs Racers.  This proved to be tricky since Fast Passes were gone for the day.  She still really, really wanted to go, so we headed over the the two hour line. :( As soon as they measured Jackson at the start of the line, he knew what was up.  He started clinging/crying/screaming that he didn't want to go, at which point I looked at Jeremy with my "Oh, hell no am I doing this for two hours!"  So instead, Jackson and I got out of line, and got a Rider Switch Pass for myself and one other person (Hayley) to ride later.  This proved to be pretty par for the course for the rest of the day for a lot of the bigger rides: Hayley and Jeremy ride, get a switch pass, later Hayley and I ride. 

They made it through the line, and had fun on Radiator Springs.  While they rode, Jackson and I got an ice cream cone, and then tried to watch the Mickey and the Newsboys (think Newsies) show, but there were too many people in front of us and we couldn't see.  I was bummed, until I looked over and saw this:


This old sweeper guy was just jammin' away to the music!  And then when the song was done, he just went right back to doing his job.  So fun!

Another Rider Switch, and Hayley and Jeremy rode Tower of Terror...

 Jackson and I went to see Donald.


And then while they rode California Screamin'...


We visited with Duffy the Disney Bear.


Jackson seemed plenty happy with not having to go on as many rides.


Hayley got some Magic Shots with our PhotoPass+:
(They added the Stitch in later)


And best of all, we got some great family shots of all of us:


I love this cute little family of mine so much!


We ended up back in Cars Land (so Hayley and I could use the Rider Switch Pass from earlier) right as it was getting dark and they turned all the lights on.  It was just like in the movie.


And Jeremy the Super Navigator found the back way out of Cars Land, with a PhotoPass photographer all ready to take our picture with the Cars Land rocks in the background.


I sure love this guy.  What a great way to celebrate a little longer than 10 yeas of marriage. :)


Jeremy did have a mission though, with his shortcut out of Cars Land...


Because he thinks Disney isn't Disney until you've eaten a hunk of meat as big as your head!

It was such a perfect day, one that we will never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!