Monday, August 19, 2013

Disney 2013 Day #6

Okay, so really it was only Day #6 in California, but my mom and Whitney went to California Adventure to use the last day of their passes.



It killed me to know that they went and I wasn't there.  I even tried to add an extra day to our passes the night before, but I guess that's not allowed anymore: to add at 6th day to a pass.  But the ticket guy did try to give me the hard sell on upgrading to an annual pass... Tempting, as always.  But no.


Robert did not end up going with them as he was dealing with some car trouble and wanted to get it straightened out before the drive home the next day.  This was while my mom and Whitney were in Cars Land.  The irony was not lost on me.


I was shocked that my mom went on Tower of Terror for a second time, since she was super nervous when she got on the first time, and shaking when she got off, but I did enjoy the proof of the second ride:


The rest of us ventured over to Downtown Disney.  We had beignets for lunch and the headed over to the Grand Californian lobby where they had Disney cartoons and kid sized rocking chairs.


I'd heard of this, but we'd never taken the time to go over and find them and hang out before.



Then we stopped by the Lego Store in Downtown Disney.  They have all kinds of Disney characters made completely out of legos!  I was pretty impressed with that, but Jackson was more interested in the play lego tables set up outside, and Hayley was pretty into the build-and-race-your-own-lego-car station.


We ended our last day with some pool time and relaxing at the hotel, and headed to the airport the next morning to board our stand-by flight home.  (The whole flying stand-by with two kids thing is *so* much easier with *both* parents there!)  See you next time Disneyland!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!