Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Questions

I saw this cute post on Megan's blog, and since she borrowed it fair and square from someone else, I figured she wouldn't mind if I borrowed it too!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? All of Hayley's and Jeremy's get wrapped. I think they would peek! Other than that if it's easy to wrap, I'll wrap it, but if it's a weird shape at all, it's going in a gift bag.

2. Tree - real or fake? Fake, all the way. I have bad memories of tree hunting in the freezing cold K-Mart lot. (Mom, you know exactly what I am talking about.) But, I did go all out this year and get a Christmas Tree Scentsy scent.

3. When do you put up the tree? Sometime in the week after Thanksgiving. This year Hayley did most of the decorating. Our tree is kind of bottom heavy on ornaments. They also tend to move around on a daily basis. Hmm.

4. When do you take the tree down? Usually in the week after Christmas.

5. Do you like eggnog? Nope. I don't even really like eggs that much. Hayley must have gotten that from her dad.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? An orginal Nintendo and the Super Mario Bros. game. I also got a typewriter one year that I really liked. I also really feel old right now.

7. Hardest person to buy for? Hardest person buy for if you want it to be a suprise is Jeremy. If there is something he wants, he just goes out and gets it himself. There have been many times that I've had to return his gift before he gets it, because he bought it for himself! I've also had to UNWRAP and return his gift a few times.

8. Favorite Christmas Memory? The Greef Family Christmas Party on Christmas Eve, with all the excitement of being around all my cousins, staying up late, and Santa coming that very night. Every year my cousin Nicole and I would want to have a sleepover, but then we would face the dilemma that Santa wouldn't know where we were, and wouldn't leave us any presents! Also, singing Happy Birthday to Jesus. (Remember that, Stace and Whit?)

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, but I didn't put it out this year. Hayley makes me nervous. Plus, she's been known to steal the Baby Jesus out of nativity scenes. (If we come visit, you may want to keep an eye on your Jesus!)

10. Christmas cards - mail or e-mail? Mail, but this is only my second year getting them out, so if you didn't get one, it's probably because I don't have your address, not because I don't love you!

11. Favorite Christmas movie? Polar Express. I just watched the whole thing all the way through for the first time this year. So cute.

12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I try to do it throughout the year, but I guess I really start probably September or October. And I am gung-ho on Black Friday!

13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas Present? We're talking about the paper, right? Of course I recycle that paper.

14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? I'm not picky, as long as I'm eating it with good friends or family. Favorite smell is those nuts in the mall though. Ohhh.

15. Lights on the tree? Multicolored, blinking ones.

16. Favorite Christmas song? Sinterklass Kapoentje, a Dutch Christmas song. Yes, I know it in Dutch. I also know Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam, if you're interested. :)

And since I just realized that that clip will make no sense to most of you, here's the translation:
Sinterklass, my dear one,
Put something in my shoe,
Put something in my stocking,
Thank you, Sinterklass!

17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Depends what you mean by travel. We're lucky to have all of our immediate family here in the valley, but we are usually all over the valley on Christmas Eve and Christmas.

18. Santa's Reindeer's Names? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donder, and Blitzen. And Rudolph. And Olive, the other reindeer, if you ask any fourth grader. And Holly, if you've watched Playhouse Disney this month.

19. Angel or star on the tree? Star.

20. Do you open presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Usually Christmas Eve at Aunt Wendi's and my mom's, and Christmas Day at my dad's and my grandma's.

21. The most annoying thing about this time of year? Driving in the snow and ice. Maybe not annoying, but nerve wracking. I get really worried about my loved ones. To the point where a few times I have called them just to know that they were safe.

22. Favorite ornament theme and color? Our ornaments are really a hodge-podge of what has been given to us over the years. They really don't have a theme. I like the way white ornaments stand out against the dark green tree though.

23. Favorite Christmas dinner? See #14. Although, possibly crepes if I can get my brother-in-law Matt to make them. Hint, hint.

24. What do you want for Christmas this year? I already got what I wanted.

25. Favorite Christmas Tradition? All of the parties, most of them with family. I love to see everyone, and catch up on things, and laugh, and talk, and eat good food. It reminds me how lucky I am to have such wonderful people in my life, and to appreciate all that I have. It makes for a very Merry Christmas indeed!

If you read through this post all the way to this point, consider yourself tagged! It's your turn to post about your Christmas traditions and memories.

1 comment:

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!