Saturday, December 13, 2008

Who's the boss around here anyway?

So Thursdays are "early days" at our house. Hayley has to get up early to go to my Aunt Wendi's to be tended for the day. Being early, they are also usually rushed. This last Thursday, I am getting Hayley her usual "car breakfast" of cereals in a baggie, when she pipes up, "Um, Mom? I don't want that."
Me: "Okay, sweetie, well what do you want?"
Hayley: (After some deep thought) "How about you make me some eggs?"
Me: (Looking at the clock, knowing we have to leave.) "We don't have time for eggs. You can ask Wendi to make you some."
Hayley: "Oh." Pause. "Okay. I will ask Wendi to make me eggs."
Me: Thinking in my head, "Whew! Crisis averted, and day not started with a meltdown."
The funniest part of this story was when I arrived to pick up Hayley, my aunt told me about this conversation that took place after I dropped Hayley off in the morning:
Wendi: "Hayley, did you have breakfast yet?"
Hayley: (With a sigh of disdain) "Only cereals!"
Wendi: "Would you like some pancakes?"
Hayley: "Yes, and some eggs too."

And being the fun aunt that she is, Wendi actually made her both. In my defense, I did make my kid eggs this morning. Can't wait till this one's a teenager, I tell ya!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! She blogs! About time.

    Oh by the way... this is a comment. They're fun to read and also... fun to get. :) I'm just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Heather! It was good to read your comment! I am glad you found me. Your family is so cute too! It looks like you are doing well. It will be fun to keep up with you through blogging!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!