Thursday, July 16, 2009

Oh, yeah. I had a birthday!

I figured since my birthday got an entire post on Katie's blog, that I'd better at least mention it here. I don't know about you, but when I've had 28 other birthdays in my lifetime, number 29 doesn't seem all that exciting. Just older.

That said, we did get to get together with all of Jeremy's family, and then with all of my family. Plus, I got some great presents including some cute new photo albums and two new pairs of made-to-order pajama pants.

And Jeremy finally took me out on a birthday date a few nights ago. (Only a month and a half after my actual birthday on June 8th.) Steak at Sizzler and watching the "enthusiasts" who were all dressed up to see Harry Potter. Oh, and we saw The Hangover which was expectedly hillariously offensive.

And the good thing about being old, is that sometimes instead of a present, you get some of this:



Which we put to good use purchasing this for the basement:



I guess financial responsibility is another thing that comes with getting older, because really I would have rather bought this:



Another time, another time.  Happy birthday to me!

5 comments:

  1. perfect way to describe that movie!

    i'm sorry if i missed your real birthday - happy VERY late birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha. my word verification was "stifi" & my dirty mind couldn't help but laugh & share that one with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm positive I missed your real birthday - Sorry! Had Marley come a day sooner she would have shared the day with you - then I would never forget it. Now I actually have to think - hence the reason it was forgotten in the first place Ü Sorry - I still love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday! I can't believe you are so close to having your baby. The last couple weeks are the hardest and hottest. Good luck and make sure to stay cool (sounds like a year book signing, doesn't it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! I am lousy at checking blogs lately, so sorry it's late. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!