Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Catastrophe

This story was told to me by Jeremy, so I'm hoping I can relay the humor in the retelling.

While Jeremy was in the shower (with the door shut, of course) Hayley flooded the toliet in the hallway bathroom. By the time Jeremy heard her stressing out, the water was about an inch deep. Jeremy comes running out, with only a towel on. Hayley is freaking out at all the water, etc. coming out of the toilet. Jeremy, upon seeing all the water, etc. rips his towel off to begin soaking up the water. Hayley's attention is now diverted, as evidenced by her response of "What's that?" Nice. Jeremy's thought, "Oh crap, right, I'm naked." So he grabs a handtowel to cover his junk (The first time he told me this story he said "washcloth" which made it infinitely more funny, since I was picturing one of the baby-sized baby washcloths that are in that bathroom...) and sends Hayley to her room, mostly just to get her out of the way. She's still wondering aloud, "But what's under there?" as she is ushered to her room. Six bathtowels and a load of laundry later, all is well.

This story kind of made my afternoon.
Especially that Jeremy got to deal with it, and I just got to laugh about it.

1 comment:

  1. oh crap, i commented a minute ago, but it didn't stick apparently.

    heather, i love your stories. hayley's hilarious.

    did he ever have to answer questions later?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!