Friday, June 25, 2010

Back Early OR The Butt Kicking

Lake Powell had it's fun moments, for sure!

Jackson played on the houseboat,



and in the water,



with Daddy,


and with Hayley.



Hayley played for hours on the beach,
(And collected hundreds of seashells. No joke.)



she and I rode in the boat,



and Hayley watched while I wakeboarded.
(I look too chubby in the pic of me wakeboarding. I'm not posting it.)



However, I also discovered that having 25 people on a houseboat, including eight teenagers, who like to stay up until, oh, sometimes two in the morning, does not make for a good environment for a baby who needs to nap occasionally during the day and sleep at night. It's also no good for the mommy who have to get up in the night with said waking child.

I'm usually a die-hard vacationer.

We came home early.

And I don't regret it.

Jeremy said this trip should go down in history as the vacation that kicked my butt.

I have no shame.

Let it be known, Heather's butt has been kicked.

3 comments:

  1. i'm glad you just came home & didn't make the suffering last.

    let it be known that pregnancy is kicking my butt. i want to come home early, too. too bad that would make problems for a little baby that i want healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a trooper for even trying! Looks like you still packed in a lot of fun before you left and I don't blame you at all for bailing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even with the butt kicking- the pictures look "kick butt"! Jackson and Hayley look so happy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!