Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Hayley, you've been holding out on us!

Hayley's been taking dance lessons for the last year at Jazzle Dazzle. She loves it. Can't get in the door quick enough, and often has to be convinced to leave. She had a kind of "practice performance" at Classic Skating Rink a couple weeks ago where she performed one of her dances. She did fine, and looked cute. I'll post the video here if Jeremy ever downloads it from his phone to the computer.

Then on Friday she had her Dance Concert at Cyprus High School. She was so excited to dance on the big stage. She got up there for her tap number, "Bibbity Bobbity Boo" and seriously started just busting out the moves. Not her own moves, but the actual steps from the dance. I've watched her a few times during class, and she hasn't done nearly that well. I know I may be biased, but she really did do a really good job!

(The first dance is in two parts, since longer videos have a hard time uploading from my camera.)





And a little bit of the jazz number, "Hey Baby!"



Considering how much she seems to love it, I was surprised when I asked her if she wanted to take a break or keep going to dance during the summer, she told me she wanted to take a break. That's okay, more time for swimming lessons!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!