Saturday, August 28, 2010

Dog Days of Summer

When people (mostly my students) ask if we have any pets, my response is, "Nope. Kids are enough." Jeremy and I have never been pet people. I can't stand the poop (especially now that I've had kids and have to deal with theirs), and he can't stand the hair (especially since he already deals with the shedding hair of two girls in our house). Hayley is pretty well aware that we will never own a dog, but that doesn't stop her from wanting to look and play. So just about every time we see the "Puppy People" at WalMart, we stop for a little look/see playdate with the puppies.



This Teacup Chiuaha really was so cute. She knew better than to even ask me, but I had to laugh at how hard she was trying to convince my mom. (Who actually does want a dog.)



We left empty handed and went home to wash off dog smell. All Jackson would have needed was a few snails to make this a true "Snakes and snails and puppy dog tails" kind of day.



Who needs the rhyme when I already know what this boy's made of: giggles and sweetness and love!

1 comment:

  1. we're not pet people either. i could be talked into one, but am fine without it. garrett won't budge on the matter.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!