Saturday, August 7, 2010

Just a Good Day

Even though I didn't get to sleep in...

Even though I didn't get to go back to bed to cuddle...

Even though Jackson has another bruise on his forehead...
(Today's was from biffing it on the cement, the one from a few days ago was from when he decided he is able climb out of his crib... Really, we're starting that already??)

Even though I had to get the skirt in the next size up...

Even though we got stuck outside in the exact ten minutes of the afternoon deluge...

Even though the stupid molar still hasn't broken through...
(Hence the drool all over Jackson's shirt in the pics...)

Today was a really, really good day.

I've been working on a goal. It's called, "Take a cue from your four-year-old, and don't be afraid to interact with people, even if you don't know them that well." I know it may surprise some of you, but talking to and hanging out with people that I don't know, or don't know well, or who I feel "rate" higher than me on some made-up, strange system in my head, makes me really, really nervous. I realized in the past year or so, that I am missing out on a lot of friendships by being like this. Today was one of the days that I was actually on top of my goal.

Hayley was invited to a birthday party for one of her cute little friends that she's made at my mom's work at the fitness center. Fun, right? Yeah, mostly I was just nervous. Because the parents were invited (expected?) to stay, so I knew that this birthday party would require me to work on that goal I'd come up with for myself. I did great. Even carried on about a ten minute conversation with the birthday girl's mom, who before today I hadn't ever really talked to. Felt like I left with a little present of my own, to myself: a new friend.

So glad we had a chance to remember how much fun there is to be had at the Edutainment Center,



so glad these two are buds,



and so glad to have these happy kiddos!



Happy, tuckered out kiddos, apparently. As they were both fed, bathed, jammied, and in bed asleep by 8:10. Which means that I got to end the day with some me time on the blog before the hubby gets home.

Just a good day.

2 comments:

  1. glad you had a good day. even with all of the "even thoughs"

    i know what you mean about making new friends... i'm not very good at it either. i do well with acquaintance level, but should be better about making it beyond that. people don't realize or expect me to be shy, either, but actually i really kinda am. i just will let any and everyone know updates on my bits ;) not private, just shy. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day! Glad you made a new friend. I'm the same way. I get comfortable with those I know, and find it more difficult to branch out. Way to go you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!