Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Twenty Twelve and Kissing Boys

Hayley: "Mom, I have twenty-twelve cereals."
Me: "I don't think so. Twenty-twelve isn't a real number."
Hayley: "I think it is, because that's how many I have."
Me: "Why don't you show me, and count them for me?"
Hayley: "Okay. One, two... (she did fine, until right after twenty-nine...) ...twenty-nine, twenty-ten, twenty-eleven, twenty-twelve! See, Mom! I told you!"

Guess it's time to start working on counting to thirty.

Another conversation that took place as Hayley was putting on her pajamas, after a long day of too much fun:

Me: "Hayley, you're such a skinny butt, I can see your ribs."
Hayley: (starting to cry) "No, I don't want to be so skinny you can see my ribs!"
Me: "It's okay if you're skinny, Hayley. That just means lots of boys will want to kiss you!"
Hayley: (now there's full on waterworks) "But I don't want lots of boys to kiss me!"
Jeremy: (who until now has just been listening) "Well, then tell the boys your dad has a gun."
Um, well, okay. It did get her calmed down...

Glad we don't have to worry about the kissing boys issue. Yet.



Seriously, Child. Stop growing up so fast!

3 comments:

  1. Haha! I love twenty-twelve. She says the funniest things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that made me laugh very hard. out loud. if i weren't such a hater of "LOL" that would be an honest "LOL" moment. but i didn't say that, cause i hate it.

    she's hilarious. and adorable.

    did i ever tell you about the time that my dad got out his gone and started cleaning it when my boyfriend at the time, whom he didn't like (and very rightfully so) brought me home from a date and didn't leave right away? my dad cleaned it in the other room, but very much in sight. up until that moment, i didn't even know he had a gun. and never saw it again. i think he was trying to prove a point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I totally LOLed too and I hate that expression. Jeremy is going to be cleaning that shotgun a lot. I like how your background matches the kids' pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!