Sunday, January 1, 2012

Dicken's Festival

My Dad has been working out of town lately, and the last time that he was home to visit, one of the things that he really wanted to do was go to the Dicken's Festival. My sister Whitney, my kids, my dad and I headed there for the evening after Hayley's dance concert. Jackson's been really into animals lately, so when we saw one of the big horses drawing a carriage around, I turned Jackson around so he could see it, thinking he would love it. Yeah, not so much. He screamed, "NO!" so loudly even I was a little freaked out. So, animals in books = great, animals in real life = not so much. Got it Jackson.

We headed into the buildings at the Fairpark, and stopped for a picture with the Scrooge backdrop. Funny how Hayley did not want to be the Ghost of Christmas whatever-the-little-fairy-girl-is. Acutally, I'm pretty sure she just wanted an excuse to stand on that green bar.



This Santa, or Father Christmas, as he was called was so darling. Taking time to talk for a good few minutes with each child. The picture is out of focus because I didn't use the flash. I didn't use the flash because there was a great big sign that said no personal photography. I just wasn't up to paying $40.00 for a pictures with Santa photo package when only one of my two children was interested in seeing Santa. Jackson started yelling, "No, NO! Help, HELP! Help me!" as soon as we got in line. I let him sit this visit out.



Hopefully next year Jackson will be over his Santa issues, because we will be back next year for another visit. I gotta get Jackson trained that this is actually a fun holiday tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!