Sunday, January 1, 2012

Gardner Village

I didn't want those few days when the temperatures were in the 50's to go to waste, so we did a few of the Christmas activities that had been on my December list that we just hadn't gotten to yet. We went to Gardner Village to see the elves, which Hayley loved. Jackson was a little leary of the elves at first. Maybe he figured out they had something to do with Santa.



We'd gone to see the witches before, but never the elves, and it seemed like maybe it would have been neater to go at night when they are all lit up. Oh well. Now we know for next year.



Don't let Hayley's get-up fool you. It really was a nice day. Perfect hoodie weather, just the way I like it.



Hayley and Jackson may have snuck under the fence to play near this gingerbread house. I may have let them since there was no one else around.



We finished up our outing with a treat at the bakery. I knew that there was a Elf Hunt paper that you could fill out and redeem for a cookie, but that seemed like a lot of work, so I sprung for the dollar a piece and just bought us each one. Hayley was in heaven that they had macaroons. And then of course she had to tell us about the last time she had a macaroon, which was at Disneyland. Later I got a note that read:

I wont too go too Disnyland.
Love, Hayley

I love that girl and the way she thinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!