Monday, December 14, 2009

The Joy of the Boy

Warning: If you are offended by bodily fluids, this post may be TMI. Feel free to scroll down to the next two posts, which are much more uplifting.

Here's how my morning went:

3:30 a.m. Jackson wakes up crying. This is unusual for him. Turns out he has a fever. I feed him, give him some Tylenol and put him back to bed.

6:15 a.m. I wake up Jackson for his morning feeding. He's happy, and his fever is down. (Maybe it's just the fuzzy warm winter jammies?) I'm relieved.

6:30 a.m. After he eats, I change his diaper. Turns out I'm not fast enough, and he gets a waterfall of pee on his clothes and changing table. Not too much on him though, so I wipe him and the changing table down and call it good.

6:31 a.m. Again, with the trying of the diaper change. Again, in the seconds that the old one is off he starts to pee. However, it's worse this time, because he is also yawning. That's right. Pee right in his mouth, and all over his face. Nice.

6:32 a.m. Okay, fine Jackson. You can have a bath at the crack of dawn. Happy? (Actually he was. This kid loves the bath!)

So, Jackson got an extra feeding, two eventful diaper changes, a bath, and an outfit change out of this morning. Due to these unexpected events, I didn't get to do my hair or makeup for work. But I did get in some quality time with a cute little boy.

As for the hair and makeup, at least I have an excuse.

At least for today.

Still working on all the other days.

Oh, the joy of this boy!

1 comment:

  1. i'm still laughing that he peed in his own mouth.

    sorry you had a rough night though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!