Tuesday, December 1, 2009

P.S. or Sassyfrass 101

More Hayleyisms:

We were getting ready to go when Hayley informed me that she didn't have shoes on. She did this by saying, "Uh, Mom? P.S. We need to go get my shoes!" Yeah, guilty as charged. I might say the "P.S." from time to time.

Hayley: "Mom, if you and Daddy are both here, then who is the Main Boss?"
Me: "We both are."
Hayley: "No! 'Cause there can only be one Main Boss! That's the rules!"
Me: (No response, because by now I am ignoring her.)
Hayley: "Fine! You don't want to talk about it? I guess I'll just have to be the Main Boss!"
You wish, Hayley, you wish.

Me: "Hayley, you are working on a time out."
Hayley: "I will just crunch you!"
Okay. Whatever kiddo.

Me: "Hayley, I made you a dentist appointment."
Hayley: "I'm so excited! The dentist will be so proud of me, because I am a good toothbrusher!"
Hopefully, that attitude about the dentist stays around!

Me: "Hayley, I'm so proud of you!"
Hayley: "You're welcome."
Way to get to the point.



And some Hayley-ese (added syllables, made up words, etc.)

"Mom, can I play with my Littlest Pet Shop-ez?"
"No I amn't!"
"I'm in the 'puter room!" (Computer room)
"Let's watch Sleeping Beau-ty!" (Beau-ty makes me laugh, because she says each syllable so precisely, while most of the rest of us just slur it all together. Maybe her Utah accent just hasn't kicked in yet, eh?)

P.S. I love this girl. And all her sassiness and spunk. Just don't tell her I love it. She's already enough of a handful!

2 comments:

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!