Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Very Happy Valentine's Day

So, for Valentine's Day Jeremy had to work until 9:00 p.m. And he totally forgot to give me a Valentine's card until the next day. Obviously this post could have been a total downer, but really this year's Valentine's ended up being one of the best of the past few years.
Jeremy was not satisfied with us doing nothing for Valentine's, so I dropped off Hayley at Grandma's for a sleepover. Then Jeremy and I went out for late dinner at Chili's. After that we debated watching a movie, but ended up going home and zonking out due to our food comas. The best part of our date was the next morning when we weren't woken up by the pitter patter of feet coming to climb in our bed, or the whine of needing help going to the potty. It was so nice to wake up and be able to snuggle without another little body kicking one of us who knows where, or telling us rather incessantly that it's time to get out of bed. Don't get me wrong, I love our little Hayley, but it was so nice to get what I really needed this Valentine's, even if I didn't know I needed it: some rest and relaxation with my dear husband.

Oh, and his card was very sweet, even if a day late. :)

2 comments:

  1. you just can't go wrong with a romantic meal at the chilis. glad you guys had a night to yourself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went to Chili's too!!It sounds like you had a wonderful time. (I think all parents agree that we love our Children but enjoy some time without them:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!