Friday, November 6, 2009

Do Me a Favor

Just know that if you say these things, this is what teachers will be thinking about you, even as we continue to smile.

"So what exactly do you do all day that I have to help my child with work at home?"
(Hello, that's part of your job as a parent! Feel free to come in and see what I do all day! Even better, feel free to come in and do what I do all day.)

"We don't really believe in homework in our family."
(Well, we believe in it here at school. Please support what we do, especially when we are trying to teach your child important concepts and responsibility in the process.)

"Well, I never learned that and I turned out just fine."
(That's a matter of opinion. Please don't give your child an "out" so they don't have to work hard.)

However, feel free to say these:

"Thanks for all you do."

"What can I do to help my child?"

"I appreciate you."

"My child likes coming to your class."

"You're very organized."

Can you tell it was Parent Teacher Conferences this week? Hence the lack of Halloween posting as of yet. It's coming, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!