Friday, November 13, 2009

The Time Had Come

Just like with Hayley, when I started nursing Jackson, my baby weight started to fall off. To the tune of about 25 pounds in about six weeks. But then, just like with Hayley, the weight loss seemed to flatline there. It was then that I knew the time had come.

The time, my friends, for this:



I joined on Halloween. (Not the smartest cookie, eh?) So, in my first week, I had a major holiday, two days of Parent Teacher Conferences, an outing to Olive Garden, and a massive shake from Iceberg.

To my amazement, I still lost 2.2 pounds.

So, I decided for this last week to really give it my all. I journaled religiously, stayed in my points most days, drank my milk, took my vitamin, etc.

The results?

2.6 pounds.

My thoughts on that? What the heck?! Followed by a high points Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks that I'd been craving all week. Followed by the realization of how much better I'd actually felt for the last week. Followed by the realization that this is why they call it a lifestyle change. It's not all about the number all the time.

So why am I posting about this? Because now I know that other people know. Because just you knowing will help me keep me on track. And because checking in here will hopefully keep me more accountable. And because being at my goal weight was one of my goals to attain before I die. And I'd prefer sooner, rather than later.

I've added a sidebar to track my progress. :)
Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. good for you! i should do this - weight watchers is the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me laugh. Weight loss is weird. I didn't start losing until after I starting drinking Coke again. Doesn't make sense but oh, well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome - and i totally admire you for being so disciplined! I wish I had the motivation to get my butt in gear, maybe I'll have to follow your lead!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!