Monday, November 23, 2009

So Thankful

Some of you have been posting every day with something you are thankful for. And while I'm really not that disciplined to post every day, I've really enjoyed your posts. And it's gotten me thinking about things that I am thankful for.

I'm thankful for my family. My mom, dad, both sisters, and most of the extended family all live within a half hour drive of us. Sometimes I think I take this for granted. I'm so glad that my kids know and love their grandparents, and even their great grandma. I'm thankful for my sisters, both of which I also consider friends.

I'm thankful for my husband. I tell him all the time that we would have never been friends in high school, so it's a good thing we didn't meet then. I'm so proud of his work ethic and what an amazing dad he is. He's able to be home with our kids for three days during the week, and you can tell it in the bonds he has with our kids.

I'm thankful for my two wonderful children. Happy, healthy (for the most part), cute, fun to hang out with, go to bed and stay asleep fairly easily. And funny and sassy. At least Hayley is. And I'm sure Jackson will hold his own.

I'm thankful for a job that I like most days, and truly love some days. It's so nice to do something that I love, that I know that I am good at (sorry, but it's true) and get paid to do it. Plus the kiddos crack me up, and I get to work with a team of gals that are some of my favorite people.

I'm thankful for the internet. And blogging. And Facebook. Let me explain. People, in person, sometimes make me nervous. Especially people that I haven't seen in a while, or don't know very well. I feel like I constantly flub up what I want to say, and look dumb. There are lots of old friends and new friends that I feel like I've gotten to know much better from glimsping into their lives through their posts. So, I guess really I'm thankful for friends, old and new.

And a few more random things I'm thankful for:
Curling irons, Diet Coke, Rolaids, compressed air (flat tire last night), preschool, a potty trained kid, cell phones, seat belts, Tylenol, heat, central air, Snapfish, hand-me-downs, Miche bags, hoodies, electricity (power went out last night), Mulan, microwaves, Nuk binkies, makeup, hot showers, Disneyland, a paid-off car, flashlights, toliet paper, band-aids, a warm bed, a home, my country, the Pledge of Allegiance, soldiers, Thanksgiving, hugs, kisses, and cuddles.

Who could ask for more?

So thankful for a wonderful life that I love to live every day.

3 comments:

  1. you are amazing Heather -- thank you for being you - it is wonderful to see someone so happy with all their blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this post heather. and you crack me up. about the saying things in person thing - i fear that too. and i love your list of things you're thankful for. i've been stewing a list up... need to get that put together! and don't apologize for being a good teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea - and your list makes me both laugh and makes me a little curious :) I hope MaKell gets a teacher like you someday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!