Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I Love Bedtime

Not just the part where I'm in bed asleep.
Or just the part when they are in bed asleep.
But all the things before that.

Like Bathtime...


And reading books...



And singing songs...


Really, that sounded like jibberish to you? Yeah, that's because it's in Dutch. Or rather it's Hayley's interpretation of my very basic Dutch. Here's the translation:

Clap your little hands,
Happy, happy, happy!
On your sweet head
Both of them!

Clap them up high,
Clap them down low,
Put them on your side!

And on Jackson's birthday
we'll all be happy!
Happy, happy, we'll all be happy!

Hmm. In translation it sounds really redundant, but it's cute when Hayley sings it, and Jackson loves it. And they're both cute, and I love them to pieces!

4 comments:

  1. Slightly concerned about the books you are allowing Hayley to read. Why is Cinderella naked and what was that about her breasts? Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzannne,

    It was the mouse Gus who was naked, and they ripped her dress, not her breasts. C'mon, don't you understand preschooler-ese?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been brought to my attention that I can not hear. I am blaming the 26 fourth graders I listen to all day long. If they would stop talking for more than a minute my ears might function better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture of them reading!! So cute --

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!