Saturday, May 1, 2010

A Jackson Update: Bitten and Sittin'

I knew with my trip to Disneyland and being away from Jackson that it may have been the beginning of the end for my nursing him. I was okay with that. I was pleasantly surprised when I got back and he returned to business as usual. We continued with our morning and night routine. Until I went out of town again the next weekend for a girls' weekend. Upon arriving home and trying to feed The Boy, he squirmed, looked at me like I was crazy, and proceeded to cry. Thinking maybe he was just cranky, I fed him a bottle and called it a night.

I gave it another try the next morning, when he is usually happy. Again with the squirming, crazy look, and crying. And then he bit me. Hard. Oh yeah, did I mention that he now has teeth on the bottom and the top? He does. Trust me.

So goodbye to the days of nursing. This Milk Shop is closed. Forever. Because our Baby Factory is also closed. Don't know yet whether I feel sad from being un-needed, excited that none of my body parts are on loan to any children, or just poor, considering the cost of formula. (Yikes!) Probably a little of all three.

(See the teeth?)

In other news, instead of crawling, Jackson has decided that a new trick will do him just as well. He can now fanagle himself from his tummy up to a sitting position amd back. It's pretty funny to watch him "triangulate his position" as Jeremy calls it, in order to end up facing the way he wants to, or being near the toy, binky, or whatever else he wants. He can pretty gracefully fall to his side, roll from his side to his tummy, and then wiggle up to sitting. You would think that crawling would be a whole lot easier. What can I say? He has his own little way of doing things.

3 comments:

  1. Look at you busy lady with the posting! Jackson does look like he's thinned out a bit. Must be all that exercise he is getting rolling tummy to tush! LOVE the muscle picture of Hayley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can imagine the closing of the milk shop is a little hard/sad. but it has also gotta be nice to have your body back to yourself for your own enjoyment ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackson looks so big and handsome! love the haircut!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!