Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Really, Do I Ask Too Much?

Tonight I told Jeremy that I was going to WalMart for groceries, and asked him to start me a list. A few minutes later, he came back with this:

*Swiffer mop solution
*potatoes
*stuff for lunches

Me: "What kind of stuff for lunches?"
Him: "You know, like burritos, hot pockets, easy stuff."
Me: (handing the list back) "Write it down please."

He hands the list back. On it is written "Please!!!"
Me: (handing the list back) "Try again."

Again he hands the list back. Now he's written "WTF."
Me: (shocked look and gasp)
Him: "That just stands for Work Time Fun. Because I'll have so much fun if you buy some good stuff for lunches."
Me: (small giggle)

One more time with the handing the list back. This time, he actually writes something edible. Except that he needed a little help: "Hey, Heather, what's that thing with the... In the box, with the sauce and chicken and the biscuits?" Me: "Chicken and Biscuits?" Him: "Yeah, that's it!"

Glad I could help you figure that out Jer. Now off to WalMart for some "good stuff."

2 comments:

  1. this just cracked me up. wtf. one of my favorites. "stuff for lunches" is a good note, when you're the one that has those ideas. but trying to decide for someone else - not enough. what if they just mean chips & you come home with a whole lunch meat spread? "be more specific"

    ReplyDelete
  2. that makes me laugh -- it reminds me of my mom's instructions to cook. Get some of this and put a little of that -- never specifics ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!