Friday, December 27, 2013

Bear Lake Raspberry Days

My mom had been jones-ing for a beach for the past while.  We tried to get over to the ocean during our California trip in May, but it just didn't happen.


It might have been my fault that we didn't go the the beach.  Honestly, the ocean kind of creeps me out...  Sharks, salt, loosing your children forever if they go too far out... Yeah, no thanks.


That being said, I do have some fabulous memories of Bear Lake as a child.  We would go to the Sweetwater Resort almost every summer with my mom's side of the family.


 It didn't take much convincing to get me to agree to an add-on trip to Bear Lake during one of our cabin trips.


And both of my kids loved, Loved, LOVED the beach just as much as I remember loving it during childhood. 


The fact that my mom and Robert spoiled us all by reserving the night at the Worldmark in Garden City made the deal even sweeter.


It was also Raspberry Days while we were there.  The only part of it that we really made it to was all of the booths set up at the Town Square.  But they had sno-cones!


And they had a petting zoo! 


Which was fun for Hayley...


And fun for Jackson to mostly look at, but not touch much...


This one that was doing pony rides looked a little more chipper. (And cuter in all of her pinky-pinkiness.)


The kids found a perfect shady spot. 


Hayley asked me if this was "the bell with the crack in it." (The Liberty Bell) I was pretty impressed with her remembering that they had learned about that in school.


Bear Lake and Raspberry Days was a super fun time.  Thanks again Mom and Robert!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!