Monday, December 30, 2013

The Santa Visit

When I told the kids that we were going to see Santa, they were both really excited.  Yes, even Jackson.  This is the first time that he had not been adamantly against the idea.  I thought maybe his bravery would falter as soon as he saw the jolly old fellow, so you could imagine my surprise when he ran right up, hopped on Santa's knee, and did this:


Yep, he's smiling with Santa.  Don't die of shock.  It's been a long time coming.  When Santa asked what he wanted he said, "A present and a candy cane." Pretty easy to please.


This one knows the deal and smiled like a pro.  She's been figuring out about Santa though.  The other day she said "Mom, I think I saw Jackson's bike downstairs before Christmas Day." "Hmm, maybe Santa dropped it off early." "Mom, that candy that was in our stockings? Wasn't it sitting on the counter?" "Hmm, maybe Santa shopped at WalMart too." The funny thing is she hadn't come right out and asked, or I probably would have told her.  Then she just said, "I'm going to ask Dad. I'll figure all this Santa nonsense out." By the time Jeremy got home that day, she'd forgotten, or just decided not to ask.  I'm kind of hoping I don't even have to tell her straight out, but if she asks me directly, I'll tell her.


Anyway, it was a fun night, even if it wasn't with THE Santa. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!