Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas Day 2013

Christmas morning was fabulous.  The kids didn't get up until eight-ish.  It was so low key.  We scaled way back on gifts this year.  I think there were maybe a dozen presents under our tree.  Even at that, they were excited with what they got, since lots of though went into them.  And I really think, with all of the other people who buy them presents, they don't need an excessive amount of stuff from us.  And hopefully it will help them to focus more on the giving than the receiving.

Hayley got the Pop the Pig game, a Monster High doll, a Monster High movie, the Tower or Terror movie, and a dance bag.


Jackson got two tractors, some clothes for his Build-A-Bear, the Monster's University movie, and a bike.


Jeremy got new Skechers, that he had seen, tried on, and liked in Vegas, but hadn't purchased.  And a airplane calendar for the new year, but that's a given for him. :)


I got a darling new iPad cover and a lanyard from Brighton for my work badge.  Funny how you get exactly what you want when you send your husband an email with links and recommendations that say "this, or something like this" and "here's the website or the addressed of their local stores."

Such a Merry Christmas, but I have to say it was really stressful to not have the month of December off like I have the past few years when we were year round.  As much fun as it was, I can't say that I'm sad that it's over.  I think it would help if next year I was a little more organized, a little more put together, and a little more patient.  I had a hard time finding the Christmas Spirit when I was so busy rushing, rushing, rushing.  Oh, well.  All's well that ends well and there's always next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing your love by commenting!